Children & Young People can benefit from TRE too…
Since this shaking mechanism in the muscles is part of our natural behaviour as humans, everyone can benefit from TRE. This shaking of the muscles, neurogenic tremors, increases the resiliency of the body, because it causes deep relaxation that naturally reduces stress levels. Whether you are a parent/carer who would like more patience with your family, a victim of violence or an accident, a soldier suffering with PTSD, or a child who has experienced stressful/traumatic challenges so they are no longer a relaxed, happy child , everyone can benefit from TRE.
Disadvantaged Young People and TRE
- The Chrysalis Project in Cape Town, South Africa, runs three-month healing and personal development residential programs for struggling youth.
- Many of the youth are girls who have experienced violence, drug addiction, and sexual abuse. Some live on the streets, are out of work and unemployable. They come to Chrysalis to engage in personal development work, build skills for employment, and change their lives for the better.
- The CEO of the academy identified Dr. David Berceli’s groundbreaking Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE™) as a key component for returning the youth to well-being, by effectively resolving deep trauma and chronic stress. It helps diminish anxiety, anger, and depression, and works universally for everyone.
- In the summer of 2012, Dr. Berceli and I developed a custom three-month trauma healing program designed for the girls, with an intense focus on TRE.
- In the first four weeks only half the girls tremored – such was the extent of their trauma.
- By the end of the course, not only was everyone tremoring, but the girls experienced such profound healing effects from TRE, that over one-third said they wanted to become certified and take it to their communities (see video testimonial). Their goal: to help young township children who have suffered violence, poverty and abuse develop emotional resiliency and overall well-being.